Showing and breeding season?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by L&Schickens, May 1, 2009.

1. L&Schickens

L&Schickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    I am bringing call ducks to a show tomorrow and I put them in the tub to clean them selves up. Well, my best white hen has a lump on her head and I know it if from the male duck breeding her. She has a scab and no feathers, but some feathers do cover up the spot a little. It is noticable though. I wish I would have checked her earlier and got her out of the pen with the drake. [​IMG] Anyway, will this be a big fault at the show tomorrow?

2. L&Schickens

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    No one has the answer? Well, I guess I will find out tomorrow. I will let you know how we do.

3. Mrs. Turbo

Mrs. Turbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    ky
    the judges do take breeding into consideration, but if you have 2 hens that are the same, the hen in better condition would win....Most of our females stay home during breeding season.

4. goosedragon

goosedragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Central NC
    Yes and White Calls are very popular so I doubt that the judges will spend much time on your hen unless she is very special.

5. L&Schickens

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    Well, she kicked but, lumpy head and all. Mrs. White got best bantam, best duck best waterfowl and reserve in show!!!!!!!!!!![​IMG]

6. Mrs. Turbo

Mrs. Turbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    ky
    L&Schickens :

Well, she kicked but, lumpy head and all. Mrs. White got best bantam, best duck best waterfowl and reserve in show!!!!!!!!!!![​IMG]

congratulations, that is great.....one of our white hens won first in hens a few weeks ago with a bald head....lol
    She must be special!!!!​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by