Showing I.D. when buying cold meds!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chilling in muscadine, May 8, 2009.

1. chilling in muscadine

chilling in muscadine { I love being disfunctual }

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    This day and time we all know you have to show identification to purchase certain types of cold meds. Your name goes on a list with other names to be checked. What I want to know is what agency checks these list? If you know for a fact its local law enforcement than this doesn't help me at all. I'm trying to figure out if its government controlled, DEA, some kind of special dept. or what. I really need this info to help someone. This person is not abusing the system but could be helped by what ever agency over sees the process. The pharmacy will not give up the info, but I only tried calling one pharmacy.

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Yep that is what the illegal drug trade has done to us normal people. Even when you buy nyquil!!!

3. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I believe that the pharmacy keeps the records and they can be checked by pharmacy licensing board and the state's drug task force agency.

4. PunkerTechnoRoo?ter

PunkerTechnoRoo?ter Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2008
    Georgia
    If your name pops up at like five different CVS pharmacy within a two hour window, they can decide if your making meth.

5. chilling in muscadine

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    States drug task force agency. Thanks that is a place to start. My sister is being forced to make these purchases against her will or suffer the consequesces{sp} from her abuser. I want to get to the authorities before the authorities get to her. I'm desperate for ideas here.

6. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:If the task force agency gives you the runaround, try talking to a local detective or your local domestic violence center.
    Good luck to you and your sister.
    Just checked with my SO and he said yes it is the state drug task force agency that pays close attention to those records.

7. chilling in muscadine

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    Quote:Ya it is a pain sometimes but I don't mind because I know I'm not doing anything wrong.

I lost out on your puppy thread. Everything good?

8. PunkerTechnoRoo?ter

PunkerTechnoRoo?ter Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2008
    Georgia
    restraining order ?

9. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Where I live here in Illinois, Meth was so bad, they do this to keep a running tracking system on who is buying what, where and how much. They will let you buy it, but you are usually stopped in the parking lot if you have went over the limit, from all the stores that you have "hit" in a certain time period. It's a pain in the butt, and I try to buy the larger pack, just to save from having to do it again, but it was so bad around here 3-5 years ago, they had to do something. There is also a list in hospital emergency rooms that will flag a person coming in "in pain" and wanting prescription pain killers. My son worked in an emergency room, and said its something that hospitals do to track abuse. He said its really bad too.

10. chilling in muscadine

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    Quote:If the task force agency gives you the runaround, try talking to a local detective or your local domestic violence center.
    Good luck to you and your sister.
    Just checked with my SO and he said yes it is the state drug task force agency that pays close attention to those records.

Thank you so much, this may be the only way I can protect her at the moment. Get him busted!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by