1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Showing Muscovies..

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Bleenie, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

Does anyone here show their Muscovies? I have a Blue Drakelet that i am So in love with this year, he's just beautiful and so mellow. he lets me walk right up and pick him up, pet him whatever. He is solid Blue Laced but it looks like he will grow into a white head, is that still good for showing? I believe i read somewhere that it has to be less than 10% white, is that right?

I have no idea where to even start with showing ducks or about local shows here in WA so any info is appreciated. thanks guys. I will try to get pictures of him later.

2. Red Maple Farms

Red Maple Farms Wish Granted

Feb 25, 2010
    NE Wisconsin
    Two of my best 16 week old white muscovy meat ducks (male and female) are going to the county fair this Thursday. They are offspring from a batch of JM Hathery muscovy ducks that were purchased last year. And boy, does that drake ever look tasty.

3. Rosecomb-Ryan

Rosecomb-Ryan East Indie Crazed

Apr 12, 2008
    Sacramento CA
    If he is going to have a white head he will not be good for showing... Yes it says 10% but they want they 10% on the wings... You can show him but if there is nice ones he probably wolnt win. Lets see some pics... That will tell me more...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by