Showing off my bantam ducks ~ would love gender help!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by asher, Jul 31, 2008.

1. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    These are the seven lovely ducks that I got from a member of my group (got two more, but I gave them to my neighbor b/c she wanted some) and the little one is one that I hatched out.

These are all supposed to be australian spotteds, but there may be one or two miniature silver appleyard. I think there is one, but am going to wait for you all to tell me.

Also, genders please? I know there's definitely one boy, but I have no clue on the others. I'm hoping girls. The baby I have thought boy since he was hatched, but I have no idea.

Also, only two of these plus the duckling are named. I would LOVE name ideas for the unnamed ones! :)

Some I have multiple pictures of a particular duck. Forgot to say, these were all except one and the baby, hatched the end of April, I believe I was told.

Drake?
    [​IMG]

Daisy
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Peachy
    [​IMG]

Baby Kanga
    [​IMG]

Group shots just for the hay of it
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    Asher, the first one is a drake yes, see the tail how it curls, that means boy LOL, they sure are cute no curl tail it's a girl.

3. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Thanks ~ I was going by his coloring! hehe I have such a hard time telling if they are curls b/c they are boys or just the way their feathers are laying right then! hehe

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by