Showing off my pretty pullet...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by PineBurrowPeeps, Jun 2, 2008.

1. [​IMG]

Just had to show off my pretty Buff Orpington pullet that is hanging out reading the BYC forum with me this morning. Enjoy the cuteness.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What a pretty hat don't you think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This girl didn't have a name but I think I will call her Iris now since she loved letting me put that Iris petal on her head. How sweet she is! Now if I can just tell her from the other 4 out in the coop!

[​IMG]

2. augiedranch

augiedranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Texas
    omg! shes beautiful!

shes smiling! lol

iris is a beautiful name

3. mistylady

mistylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Ohio near Coshocton
    She's beautiful! I love the hat!

4. [​IMG] Thanks!

5. FloridaChickenChick

FloridaChickenChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Lake County, Florida
    I sent a picture of Iris to my daughter because over the weekend we were laughing about my cats stretching out on the keyboard. DD says we need to have a smackdown with the chickens and cats to see who is the worst typist.

[​IMG]

6. HAHAHAHA! She was even pecking at the keys, I tried to get a picture of her doing it but every time I snapped she stopped!

I've decided that she is the one I'm going to take to the county fair in August, she's just very pretty and feminine and has a great personality. I have painted her nails purple so I can tell her apart from the rest for now. I hope she gets a ribbon [​IMG]

7. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    Awwww she is a beauty and the hat is the greatest. Best of luck. The name fits her too. Pretty Iris.[​IMG][​IMG]:weee:ya

8. lovemychicks9

lovemychicks9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2008
    South Carolina
    Oh my gosh, so pretty! I am biased though as I have 5 Buffs. Are they just the sweetest girls? I love my girls personality and sweetness. My girls love to be held and talked to and they even talk back. She is a blue ribbon girl in my book. Trudy [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    I actually laughed out loud seeing that flower petal on her head, and her looking up at you so earnestly. I love BO's too.

10. Yes, they are my favorites of what I have. Very sweet and friendly.
    My Marans are nice too but more bossy and high strung.
    I always knew I wanted BO's, the Marans I only got because I wanted those dark brown eggs!
    I was planning to put together a whole buff flock someday, BO Chickens, Buff Ducks, and Buff Geese. I think it would be stunning to see them all out ranging.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by