Shows in IA,MN

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by apbgv, Sep 29, 2007.

1. apbgv

apbgv Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Iowa
    Are there ever any poultry shows in the IA/MN area? Or is this dead land for such?

2. joanc

joanc Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2007
    Shafer, MN
    The only shows I know of are the county fairs (which I didn't go to this year) or the MN state fair, which I did go to and saw the many birds on display. As far as I know its not a swap or sale, but you can get the names of the people who exhibit.
    A couple of weeks ago a feed store in Forest Lake (about 30 miles NE of the twin cities) had a swap/sale. I went there to sell 5 of my roosters. At the swap there were more than just poultry; I also saw goats and baby pigs. there was a pretty good turnout.
    I sold my roos quickly and didn't hang around for fear of buying more chickens! lol
    Now, a few weeks later, I just saw some Barred Rock hens on craigslist and I'm going to contact the person and try to get some. 2 of the roos I sold were the only BR I had. So much for not getting any more![​IMG]

3. billson1

billson1 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 22, 2007
    lecenter minnesota
    poultry show in New Ulm MN on oct. 13th and 14th and in hutchinson MN on oct 26th - 28th

4. apbgv

apbgv Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Iowa
    Are they large shows or small as it is a 3 hour drive for me. Hopefully I will have some $$$ left at the end of the month depending how much I spend at Talladega.[​IMG]

5. billson1

billson1 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 22, 2007
    lecenter minnesota
    the one in new ulm is small but the one in hutch is pretty big

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by