Shows

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by 2wheelsdaily, Jul 29, 2011.

1. 2wheelsdaily

2wheelsdaily Out Of The Brooder

May 9, 2009
    South Georgia
    Can somebody direct me where to go to find a schedule of shows for the Southeast? I am in Georgia and I saw in one place where a Southeast Georgia Bantam Club had a show near me back in the spring but they apparently don't have a website because I can't find one for them by searching Google.
    I don't have any chickens worthy of showing but I would like to go to a show and see if it's something I would like to get in to.

Thanks

2. southernsickles

southernsickles Out Of The Brooder

Jul 10, 2010
    Arkansas
    Check th ABA or APA websites.They have show listings.

3. saladin

saladin Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    the South
    I'd also encourage you to subscribe to the Poultry Press. Most every show will have an ad several months before the show with contact information concerning the show.

4. ChickenManHorton

ChickenManHorton Out Of The Brooder

Hi There
    will be a show at the Coweta Count Fairgrounds in Newana GA Feb 18-19-2012 Chattahoochee Valley Poiutry Club is putting it on. I am planning to show for the first time at this show. I am located in Quitman, GA where are you located?
    John

5. cgmccary

cgmccary Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    NE Alabama
    Besides the Chattahochee in Newnan as mentioned above, there is also a show in NW Georgia in Dalton at the State Fairgrounds on February 4. The Newnan show is a two day show, but the Dalton show is a one day show.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by