1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Shringwrap Babys Please Helpme!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jcfuente51, Apr 24, 2011.

1. jcfuente51

jcfuente51 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2011
    please some one tell meeeeeeee what its goin on the 2 pips that i had yesterday well its been 24 hours since they pipped and like i was told to not help him till pass 24 hours well i helpped THEM just now they were alive but shrinwrapped i guess my stupid humidity reader its off so i help them half way out and i mist all the remining eggs WITH WARM WATER they dont have piping at all are those eggs gonna make it or they are shringwrap and dead already? what should i do pease advice..

[​IMG]
    please some one help me please

2. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    Are tor two lips still alive? If you've helped them from the.shell, you could use a nice warm washcloth to wet the membrane and see if that helps. There is a niffty little thread under FAQ's explaining how to help babies hatch. As far as your unpipped eggs, I haven't got a clue. Hopefully someone more experienced with bator issues will chime in. Good luck.....

3. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Jack up the humidity and stop misting-misting actually causes the eggs to dry down faster.
    Put a sponge, bowl of water, whatever in there to get the humidity up. Don't panic-shrink wrapped chicks CAN hatch even if you have to help them.

4. jcfuente51

Mar 18, 2011
    yes the 2 babys are alive they are almost out of the shell just laying there but alive and peping peping if those 2 make it would make me happy but i want all to hatch since they all made it to lockdown alive. should i pell those eggs too to help them or wait to see if they pip???

5. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    What day are you on?
    You may have to do more assistance than normal if your humidity has been low through the hatch.
    How do the air cells look?

6. jcfuente51

Mar 18, 2011
    Quote:hi. im on day 20 the air cell looks great the humidity was 45 the whole incubation progress altho i was thinking it was reading perfect but i guess not i had it set at 60% since day 18 and the 2 that pipped ended up shringwraped so i guess my hidrometer its wrong i have it up to 70% wich means lil more thatn 60% who knows how much its off that sucks i was really happy to see these hatch but my 2 babys i saved look great. they are still inside but i dont see more pips [​IMG] could they had die when i open the bator even if there had no pips? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by