Shrink wrapped ?

Ourminizoo2021

Chirping
Jun 6, 2021
This is my first time hatching eggs.. I think it was too dry but would like to know what you guys think i should do. I didnt want to hurt the chick so i used a wet qtip to help soften it up... They were due to hatch wednesday.

Attachments

• 20220424_182824.jpg
    20220424_182824.jpg
    338.7 KB · Views: 8
This is my first time hatching eggs.. I think it was too dry but would like to know what you guys think i should do. I didnt want to hurt the chick so i used a wet qtip to help soften it up... They were due to hatch wednesday.
Do you have liquid coconut oil or Vaseline
Water tends to dry things up more when put on directly
Vaseline holds it moist longer
See what the veins look like after getting it moist then take pictures
Hopefully some chicken hatchers come in
I only go ducks but same idea when assisting

Do you have liquid coconut oil of Vaseline
I only do ducks but same idea when assisting
@Miss Lydia
@DuckyDonna
@WVduckchick
They may be able to help more or tag others

Last edited:
Do you have liquid coconut oil of Vaseline
I only go ducks but sad idea when assisting
Oh good point ill check to see what i have ! I know the first time i tried the qtip with water the viens were bigger and couple hours later i did again and they shrunk quite a bit. Ill do it again this time with liquid coconut and take a picture. Thank you so much

He still peeps if i pick him up but he seems stuck like he cant really move ... Not as vocal as this morning
Im
Not sure how chickens work I know they are faster then ducks
Did he external on his own or did he need help ?
How long since the internal ?
Can you take a dry Q tip and gently run in inside the membrane against baby to remove any goo that maybe sticking him
If the veins are gone away From his beak area you could start to move the membrane away don’t tear as sometimes it goes further then you want

Im
Not sure how chickens work I know they are faster then ducks
Did he external on his own or did he need help ?
How long since the internal ?
Can you take a dry Q tip and gently run in inside the membrane against baby to remove any goo that maybe sticking him
If the veins are gone away From his beak area you could start to move the membrane away don’t tear as sometimes it goes further then you want
He need some help he was trying to make his way out with his beak but he was getting weak so i made a tiny hole for him to get some air and that seemed to have helped so i left him for a while when i checked again he didnt progress so i had a feeling he was stuck so i gently peeled and hes been in same position all day.

Back
Top Bottom