Shrubs, grasses and plants that are safe for my ducks to forage in ?

adam1990

Hatching
Sep 30, 2016
I'm making an area for my ducks to forage and shelter in, what would be the best choice of shrubs, plants etc that aren't poisonous for them.
Thank you for any help

welcome-byc.gif

Greetings from Kansas and :welcome. Happy you joined our community! Sorry I can't help you with which plants might be toxic to ducks. My instinct is that on wild plants, not many. No clue on planted plants. Best of luck to you! :)

WOW if I was to follow that list, it would necessitate my birds being confined to a fine screened in concrete slab or housed entirely indoors, with changes to items I routinely feed them, just the other day I gave my birds a 32 gallon trash can full of parsley and cilantro...

I seriously question the validity of many plants on that list, and say hogwash to probably half of them causing any degree of measurable harm to the birds if they grow in your area...

Last edited:
Hi there, it looks like you have gotten great advice and lists! Animals usually stay away from plants or other things they know are toxic to them. Good luck with the ducks and I hope you enjoy BYC!

Back
Top Bottom