Sick 3 mth old Rhode Island Red

CrystalJ

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 21, 2012
I went out at lunch to check on my girls and one of my youngest (aprox 3 mth old) reds was laying under the nesting boxes, with another of my girls. When I went over to check them the ohter one got up and went outside (was letting them out to free range in the back yard). So I bent down to pet her and she got up, walked outside and then almost fell over into a puddle. Then just layed there. I fixed her a bed of hay in a bin and put her on the back porch. She never moved from that spot. I really wouldn't be suprised to go check on her and she be dead. What could this be? She is showing no signs of being sick and was fine yesterday. All of my other girls (I have 10 total) are fine, pecking and roaming the back yard. We've had this little one and her sister for about 2 months, kept them quarintined for a month before integrating them with our other girls and they've integrated nicely. The others we've had for about 5 months and they are 2 years old. Thanks for any help!

Oh I am So Sorry...
hugs.gif

Is it normal for them to die so quickly? I mean literally within 3 hours of me finding her so lethargic, she was dead. I'm concerned about my other girls. They are all acting fine but I'm just worried now!

Is it normal for them to die so quickly? I mean literally within 3 hours of me finding her so lethargic, she was dead. I'm concerned about my other girls. They are all acting fine but I'm just worried now!

That depends on what made her sick. Poop can tell you stuff some times. How is the poop of your other girls?

Here's a link to poop pics so you can compare yours.
http://www.chat.allotment.org.uk/index.php?topic=17568.0

Last edited:
I checked the pictures and I haven't seen any abnormal poop. All of their poop looks normal.

Back
Top Bottom