Sick 5 pound peking duck ...Louie our 6 year old duck couldnt walk properly this morning. He came o

Sue Rajewski

Hatching
Nov 20, 2017
Our 6 yr old peking duck Louie came out of the duck house like he was drunk this morning. He tripped anfell . I had to carry him to the pool. He is not eating and he has been visibly shaking at times. Could this be an electrolyte deficiency?

Our 6 yr old peking duck Louie came out of the duck house like he was drunk this morning. He tripped anfell . I had to carry him to the pool. He is not eating and he has been visibly shaking at times. Could this be an electrolyte deficiency?
Welcome to BYC! Sorry your duck s not feeling well. Any chance yo can take him to a vet?

I live in the city in canada and its very hard to find support for waterfowl but we are looking for help thanks.
While you are looking for a vet I would suggest that you bring him inside where it's warm and provide water dish that he cannot drown in and fresh food.

What does his poop look like? Can you post pictures and video of him?

Yes were are going to set up an insde pen for him . He did have a normal poop finally! And he ate a little cucumber with water. Thanks for your help. We are keeping a strict eye on him because of his vulnrability .

Back
Top Bottom