1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sick? 8 week old cochin

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by FireTigeris, Jun 7, 2011.

1. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

2. lilcrow

lilcrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    New Vienna, Ohio
    Quote:I think the suggestions that you got back on the Cochin thread are good ones. She should definitely be on "medicated" starter. The poo doesn't necessarily have to look like the classic stool of cocci. I had a young bird that was fine and bouncing around one day and the next was sitting all hunched up, fluffed up, just generally looking poorly. It died before I could even figure out what to do (less than 24 hrs), and begin the medication. Since that time if they look a bit fluffed up, I begin a course of treatment.

3. mljohnson05

mljohnson05 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2011
    Missouri
    is sh on just starter, or starter/GROWER???

cause if she is not on grower, you may want to change it over (switch my winging her a little at a time).
    It may be that she is not getting the right nutrition.
    You can give her either poly v sol (without iron) or put vitamins in the water.
    also feed her some scrambled eggs with buttermilk in it to help give her some more boost.

Does she have any other signs...like weakness, leg paralysis, wing drop, wheezing, sneezing, bubbles from the nose, or eye discharge?

--laura--

4. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

lethargy

nothing else at this time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by