sick australorp

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by big faulky, Mar 2, 2013.

1. big faulky

big faulky New Egg

Feb 11, 2013
    east texas
    I just went to let the girls out and found one acting different. She came out about ten feet and sat down and it looked like her whole body was heaving with each breathe. They have only been laying about a week so I thought that she was going to lay an egg. The more I watched I could tell something wasn't right. Then I noticed poo under her vent. I caught her and have her isolated. I'm headed to read my chick books. In review: heavy breathing, lethargy, and messy butt. I did feel her crop and it was somewhat soft but did feel a little full. However they have free choice feed so she has already been feeding this morning. Any help would be appreciated.
    Cole

2. big faulky

big faulky New Egg

Feb 11, 2013
    east texas
    It's cold and windy. She has started wheezing. She is drinking. I went to TSC and got some duramycin as she is drinking this. I've ruled out egg bound, sour crop and gleet. I have isolated her with a heat lamp water and yogurt. She did have neon diarrhea but there is solid waste in her coop now. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
    Cole

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by