sick baby silkie

elenamiamichickens

In the Brooder
Mar 13, 2022
so for background i have bought new chikens in the past week ive had chickens for about a year from the new chickens i bought there was a sick chick and it passed all the other chicks were fine i have 9 like 3 to five day old chicks i bought there but the same day silkie chicks were born from a friend of mines which i got three and i got and appenzeller which at the time these were day old chicks and the other 9 were like two day old chicks so i put them together to raise together and now a week later one of the silkies is sick wheezing and has labored breathing and it keeps chirping loudly even at night i dont know if its the weather since i was watching them outside play earlier in the day since we live in miami most days its warm but today was little bit cooler and windier but i didnt think anything of it since it was still pretty warm today all the chicks have been drink electrolytes and vitamin water and they have been eating medicated chick starter feed i dont know what todo and dont want m silkie to die but she is very active and was drinking electrolyte water with honey earlier that i gave her but she didnt want to eat what do i do

also forgot to mentio the chick that passed wasnt from the two day old chicks he was older and was probably around two weeks old but the chicks were in contact when we were bringing them home

Back
Top Bottom