Sick beta 3: PLEASE HELP ASAP

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by meglasorious, Jan 31, 2015.

1. meglasorious

meglasorious Out Of The Brooder

Jan 18, 2015
    Ik this isn't a chicken question but everyone on here has such good advice and idk where else to turn. My beta has these small white dots all over his body. My mom brought him home from meijer I think and his water was super cold. Ive noticed when I put a cutie in there and rub his scales gingerly they like disappear. also I have well water and my mom won't let me go but conditioner for his water so will her be ok? We only put salt in our well.

2. meglasorious

Jan 18, 2015
    Here's A pic of him in a tiny bowl so he would stay still his bowl is now much bigger[​IMG]  

3. meglasorious

Jan 18, 2015
    [​IMG] here's another

4. verhey1999

verhey1999 Just Hatched

Jan 31, 2015
    Ontario Canada
    I would say it looks like ick and you should go to your local pet store and get an ick treatment[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee
    Sounds like he has Ick, it is a type of fungus that needs to be cleared up. You can get the liquid to treat it at any pet shop, walmart, or anyplace that sells fish supplies.
    Try not to rub his scales as fish have a protective layer of slime over them that is beneficial to their health.
    You can leave water in an open container on your counter overnight and then use it to change out his water. Hope this helps, and good luck!

1 person likes this.
  6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I hope your parents will let you get the treatment from Walmart. I know you want to take the best care of your fish. Hope he gets well soon [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    I think it's ick too.

I will be moving this thread down to the proper area.

8. meglasorious

Jan 18, 2015
    Ok sorry lol I'm new and idk where to post things XD

9. meglasorious

Jan 18, 2015
    Thank you!! I will post another pic of him when we get the treatment! My mom says she has fish who had ick and she knows how to treat it !!

10. Rocky64

Rocky64 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2015
    It's definitely ich. An alternative to store bought treatment is to raise the water temp (slowly to avoid shock) to the low 80's for a day or two, granted you have a heater and thermometer.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by