Sick chic

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by ps23tlims, Feb 20, 2016.

1. ps23tlims

ps23tlims New Egg

Feb 1, 2013
    One of my girls has been listless and I noticed she has large amount of fecal matter on her bottom. She does eat, today I separated her from the rest of the flock because I don't know if it's contagious. She's definitely sick, she tried to run from me but I got her. Thank you for help in advance!

2. chicklover 1998

chicklover 1998 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2015
    Oskaloosa,Ia
    Adult or chick if a chick it could be just a little under the weather from the pasty bottom if it is a hen are you sure she isn't just really constipated I've see several like that recently on BYC and they either get prolapsed and then get constipated and just have a compound problem although a picture might help.

3. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

If this is an adult bird, has she or the flock ever been dewormed? If this is a chick you need to clean her bottom and make sure she's able to poop. What are they eating? Any other symptoms?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  4. Sherlock Watson

Sherlock Watson Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2016
    Salish Sea Region
    This is pasted vent. Get a warm wet cloth, and gently loosen the pasted poop. All will be fine.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by