Sick chick...8(

5slags

Hatching
7 Years
Jun 2, 2012
I have a 3 month old Americana named Debbie....Debbie was kicking but and ruling the hen house for the last few weeks. Over the last week I noticed Debbie was not growing as quickly as her roommates was a little lifeless. She began sitting in the corner of the coop with her eyes mostly closed. Her wings hang sadly at her side. I removed Debbie from the coop because I noticed some of the bigger pullets picking at her head. I placed her back into my homemade brooder. She ate a little food and chirps sadly every few minutes or so. I have not seen her drink much water. Any suggestions on what I should do next....would be greatly appreciated...

I think it's good so far, you got her where you can keep an eye on her. Check her stool. Is her breast bone sharp?

With a 3 month old, I would first treat for cocci. How ever you are saying that she's not growing as fast even tho she had probably been the first one to eat every day. Then it would be wasting, and wasting till she has no more energy left. Does that sound like it? Have you wormed them?

Thank you for the reply...I was just reading about
Cocci ...yes breast bone is sharp? When I hold her
She closes her eyes and takes long gasps for
Air...very sad...stool appears a little runny...no
I have not wormed any of them...

None that I could see...I plan on going to feed store tomorrow and putting her on Sulment per my reading about cocci...any other suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom