Sick chick, please advise

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by fleurdujour, Jul 12, 2010.

1. fleurdujour

fleurdujour In the Brooder

May 13, 2010
    Hi everyone, I think this is my 1st question here, and I have read thru the emergencies section, but nothing exactly matches Beauty's symptoms....she is BR 14 weeks old, neck is limp, hanging down, tries to move it and can balance her beak on floor of crate (I seperated her last evening), but then wobbily gives way to faing her left side on bottom of crate. Runny poo, not much color. Will eat (I hand fed her mix of crushed feed, molasses, Vitamin E, pediolite and polyvisol gruel last night. he would eat a bit, then I lifted her head and stroked under her neck to get food down. This am I lifted her neck, and placed dish of pediolite under her beak and she drank a bit. I check for mites and I do not see anything. Please advise, she is very weak and I am hoping to nurse her back.

2. sneaton1

sneaton1 In the Brooder

Jun 24, 2010
    are there any other symptoms? runny nose,swollen eyes, cough/sneeze

3. fleurdujour

fleurdujour In the Brooder

May 13, 2010
    No other symptoms, nose and eyes clear. eyes seem alert, but she does close them if I am petting her. No cough or sneezing, however, if I am bothering her, she does sound a bit like a goose...as well as looks like one the way her neck is.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: