sick chick...please help!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by bamagirl68, Oct 16, 2007.

1. bamagirl68

bamagirl68 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2007
    central alabama
    please go to my post under raising chicks. I urgently need some advice about my sickly chick. she is 28 days old. Thanks!

2. bamagirl68

Sep 3, 2007
    central alabama
    anyone out there???? i REALLY need some help!

3. dlhunicorn

dlhunicorn Human Encyclopedia

Jan 11, 2007
    can you please post here exactly what the roblem now is???

4. bamagirl68

Sep 3, 2007
    central alabama
    I have a 29 day old chick who for the last 2 days has been acting strange. She is fluffed up looking like she is cold. Her feet feel cold. She is eating and drinking fine but has diahrea. I had a roo that seems to have had a seizure or possibly a heart attack and died Sunday. These are both Delawares. I had the chicks vaccinated for marek's at hatchery. I don't know what to do to help her. She seems to be kind of lethargic. She just stands in one place all fluffed up.

5. dlhunicorn

dlhunicorn Human Encyclopedia

Jan 11, 2007
    well in your thread in raing chicks you were unsure if the feed was medicated...can you answer that for me? I believe it may be cocci if it is unmedicated

6. bamagirl68

Sep 3, 2007
    central alabama
    Gross pics! Don't view if you are eating !here are pics I took this morning of her and her poop. Now It look like it may be bloody. Hard to tell. It is kind of seedy looking. And she was acting like this before DH gave them the fruit.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

okay after seeing this pic up close, I'd say yea a little boody. Sorry!I will call feed store this morning and see about the feed.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2007
  7. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    I responded in your baby chick post.

Jody

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by