sick chick update post 8

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by gaited horse, May 9, 2009.

1. gaited horse

gaited horse Merry Christmas!

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    one of of my rir chicks is sick. she is not moving around as much as the others. she is not standing. she will drink a very little bit of watar at a time. she has runny poo any help. by the way she has been seperated from the other 19 with heat. is there any thing we can do for her she is peeping for her friends but they peck her to much. can she have yogert

Last edited: May 9, 2009
  2. gaited horse

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    any one please someone fast

3. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    She can have yogurt, is there a friend that's not too agressive she can have with her? I don't know what might be wrong but I hope she is better soon!

4. gaited horse

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    thank you is there any medicine she can have can she have peach yogert

5. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I wouldn't give her the fruit. As far as meds, I am not a vet so I would'nt know where to begin. I would try doing a search here for medical help. I know there are others here that can help more so than I. Make sure she is warm, has water and food, maybe a friend, if you can. You may have to wait until morning to get a better answer since it is so late. I wish I could be more help!

6. gaited horse

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    thanks all i have is strawberry and peachy yogurt

7. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Is it the type that has to be mixed to get to the fruit? If so, just give the yogert part. You can also mix feed with a little warm water to make a mash for her. Or you can try a scrambled egg, make sure it is not too hot. I put mine (scrambled) in the microwave for 33 seconds and let it cool. You also might try sugar water or pedialite or gatorade for electrolytes.

8. gaited horse

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    she did'nt make it

9. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    So sorry for your loss. Sometimes they die witout cause no matter what you do. I know it doesn't make it any better but at least she is not suffering. [​IMG]

10. misty7850

misty7850 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2008
    Fort Covington, NY
    I'm so sorry for your loss [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by