1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sick chick waterer (pls help)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by lyndatu, Dec 7, 2007.

1. lyndatu

lyndatu Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2007
    We just found one of our chicks is sick. We are now setting a quarantine for the little one. I'm worried on how she's going to eat or drink because she is weak.

I thought of the waterer hamsters and pet birds use in the pet shops; it's like a nipple. Can I use that? Please hurry. My chick is coughing blood (kidding)......

Thanks in advance

2. lyndatu

Nov 13, 2007
    Oh wait, no need to reply; the chick was fine.................hehe

She was sleeping behind the waterer, which was on the corner.

She's fine

3. Queen of the Lilliputians

Queen of the Lilliputians Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2007
    Maine
    Those chicks sure can give us a scare, can't they?? LOL!

Wait 'til you catch them dust bathing. They look like they are having seizures!

4. lyndatu

Nov 13, 2007
    Oh yes

Once my chicks froze like little statues for a few seconds after they got surprised of me banging the door. But others say they experienced the same thing. It gave me a heart attack.

Also I saw them bouncing their butts on the floor. It was like a chick dance. Strange creatures chicks are. My mom thinks they're crazy. I wish I can find some sand for them to bathe in. It sounds fun. [​IMG]

Thanks for the concern!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by