Sick chick

I have a polish chick, when I went out to feed this morning she was asleep alone with a pile of poop on her head I felt bad for and whipped it off and when I set her back down she just sort of teetered back and forth and fell down and fell asleep I wasn't sure if he was just tired or if he wasn't feeling well, in the past they all slept around the same time and when I beauty her inside so she could sleep and I thought she would be more alert but she just layed down and fell asleep

I have a polish chick, when I went out to feed this morning she was asleep alone with a pile of poop on her head I felt bad for and whipped it off and when I set her back down she just sort of teetered back and forth and fell down and fell asleep I wasn't sure if he was just tired or if he wasn't feeling well, in the past they all slept around the same time and when I beauty her inside so she could sleep and I thought she would be more alert but she just layed down and fell asleep

That sounds really similar to how my two that died were acting :( they were so lethargic. I made sure to keep them hydrated, but they were still so weak, and they eventually died. I treated my remaining one with nutridrench.

Hope your chick is getting better! I had a chick that was weak and sitting back on its legs like you described. I tried a lot of things and finally realized it could be a vitamin b deficiency, since that makes the chick wobble around like that. I bought some Durvet Performance Poultry since it contains Riboflavin (vitamin b). Within a day the chick was starting to stand up and by day 2 she was just like normal. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom