Sick chick

mother hen 6

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 27, 2014
Anybody got any helpful ideas? Just got my shipment of chicks yesterday and one of my little girls has been gasping all day today. I'd post a video so you can see what I mean if I could figure out how to but I'm not having any luck.

I'm so sorry! That's so hard! I'd find a way to keep her under the heat lamp and keep it at 95 for her. Apple cider vinegar with the mother (like Bragg's) in water. Can also crumble up some hard boiled egg yolks and mix with water for her to eat for some nutrition. Keep us posted!

I have been meaning to update y'all but have been so busy I haven't made it back to the site. I'm sad to say that shortly after I asked my question, my little girl died. This has been an awful chick experience for me. We have had 8 out of 31 chicks die. One little girl was DOA, and of course y'all already know about my little gasping baby, but I can't explain the others to save my life. Especially the two I lost TODAY! These babies are two weeks old and this isn't my first rodeo. I shouldn't be losing so many.

Back
Top Bottom