Sick chick...

Alnoodle

In the Brooder
Jun 15, 2016
She is one week old. When we got her, she somehow got herself soaked in water and she almost died. She was doing well, but today appears weak with fast breathing. I am able to get her to drink a bit. We got her under the light and separated from the others. I gave her some medicated feed... As we have both... But usually give non medicated due to ducks. Anything else I can do?????

So if your chick fell in, use a flat plate for water, Alternatively, use the chicken waterer. Does your chick have pasty butt? Does she have splayed leg? Do you think your chick is trying to lay an egg? Is her poop green or yellow? Do you think the chick is sneezing, choking, or coughing? If yes, isolate the chick/chicken and pay attention to it. See if she's eating, drinking, and observe her poop.

I'm sorry, but sick chicks tend to not heal and most likely die. However, there is a chance that she will not die, so have hope and pray.

So if your chick fell in, use a flat plate for water, Alternatively, use the chicken waterer. Does your chick have pasty butt? Does she have splayed leg? Do you think your chick is trying to lay an egg? Is her poop green or yellow? Do you think the chick is sneezing, choking, or coughing? If yes, isolate the chick/chicken and pay attention to it. See if she's eating, drinking, and observe her poop.

I'm sorry, but sick chicks tend to not heal and most likely die. However, there is a chance that she will not die, so have hope and pray.

No pasty butt... We already got a different dish. Already separated her. No egg.., only a week old. Was eating minimal and drinking minimal.... Now not eating or drinking. Haven't heard coughing or sneezing. Mostly just weak and tired.

I don't think I can get that save a chick stuff near me?

Save-A-Chick electrolytes should be at any feed store. I'm not sure where you are, so I can't really pin point a place. Do you have Nutri-Drench though?

I'm so sorry for her- praying she pulls through. Chicks are so delicate.
~SuperChickRuth

Last edited:
Oh, my gosh. My heart broke.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom