Sick chick

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by lissyann84, Apr 25, 2017.

1. lissyann84

lissyann84 New Egg

Apr 25, 2017
    Hello! This is my first year raising chicks and ducks. One of my chicks is not feeling well he is the runt of the group of six chicks and two ducks. He is usually quite active and full of energy but we've recently had a bout of bad rainy weather and today he just stands around in one spot and does not eat with the rest. I did change their diet just a bit by giving them Bird seed mixed with their chicken feed and also fed the ducks some popped corn. I don't know if my little chick ate any. He's like a little chicken zombie right now [​IMG] I moved him from the others and he's gone from standing in one spot to just sitting there. All the others are quite healthy and energetic he has always been the smallest of the bunch but he has also always been the loudest and ate and drank and been a normal chick. We have had them for approximately three weeks now and they all get along well in fact the little chick sleeps between the ducks[​IMG]. Any clue as to what to do? Thanks.

2. daxigait

daxigait Overrun With Chickens

Aug 10, 2015
    SW Missouri
    Are they on medicated feed? Any chance of coccidia requiring Corrid in the water(5days fresh daily 2tsp per gallon)?

3. lissyann84

lissyann84 New Egg

Apr 25, 2017
    Thank you for replying. Unfortunately little Leroy died a few days ago [​IMG]. He seemed to start doing better then took a turn for the worse. We did not feed him any medicated feed and all the others are doing great.

4. daxigait

daxigait Overrun With Chickens

Aug 10, 2015
    SW Missouri
    I am sorry he didn't make it. I asked about medicated feed because of coccidia. I am just learning too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by