Sick chick

GraceAtterton

Chirping
Mar 10, 2018
Eastern GA.
I dont know much about her. I have had her 3 days. She was sick when I got her. She has been inside since I got her. I haven't ever had a duclee chicken. I'm on my breaking point. I cant lose another chicken please someone help. She hasn't been around any of my other chickens however I did get two bitties from the same person and they seem healthy
20181024_162025.jpg
20181024_161841.jpg
20181024_155636.jpg
20181024_155636.jpg

I can't really tell what's wrong without a clearer picture. It could be an infection, injury, or maybe feather picking- but that suggestion's out because you say she isn't around other chickens. I hope she gets well soon; maybe someone else can diagnose the illness and give you some basics on how to treat it. :)

Couldnt tell you whats wrong with her, but its always good practice to keep any new chickens away from your chickens for a month before introducing them and treating them for any illnesses they might have, if you dont already do so.

Shes still gasping, but she is laying. She seems happy. The gasping isn't all day. Just a few times here and there & frequent after laying an egg. She just laid her first today. I haven't ever had this type of chicken before so I'm not completely sure how to handle them.

So cute chick is she gargling or wet nose or sneezing
Gasping is related with Respiratory INFECTION but also check once for coccidiosis

No gargling, wet nose..I have had several with RI. I haven't had any with coccidiosis.
She just started making this noise though and I'll see if I can upload it, but she did it and then back to the "it's a egg" sound like shes been doing ALL day.

No gargling, wet nose..I have had several with RI. I haven't had any with coccidiosis.
She just started making this noise though and I'll see if I can upload it, but she did it and then back to the "it's a egg" sound like shes been doing ALL day.

How old she is ..
Have u look.for poop ? How it looks

Back
Top Bottom