Sick Chick?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by 1chickens1, Jan 22, 2019.

1. 1chickens1

1chickens1 In the Brooder

Aug 28, 2016
    Three days ago I bought two baby chicks. One of them is very weak. I have found her many times a sleep on her back. She is also very slow and doesn't move around too much. Although, she does eat and drink, just not as much as the other chick. Additionally, she will occasionally have diarrhea. Plus, she is very chubby!
    I checked and she does not have pasty butt.

Does anyone know what's wrong with her and/or what I should do?

Thank you all so much.

2. Wendy Case

Wendy Case Songster

Dec 27, 2018
    Alicel, OR
    Awww I'm so sorry about your chick. I have absolutely zero experience with them, I just wanted to tell you I hope everything will be ok and she comes out of whatever the issue is. :hugs

3. 1chickens1

1chickens1 In the Brooder

Aug 28, 2016
    Thank you so much!!:):D

Wendy Case likes this.
  4. Wendy Case

Wendy Case Songster

Dec 27, 2018
    Alicel, OR
    You're very welcome! Keep us posted.

5. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Crossing the Road

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Can you get some Poultry NutriDrench from your feed store, and give her a drop or two. Get her drinking water by dipping her beak into it. Make sure that her vent is clean and not pasted with poop. How does her crop in her upper right chest feel? Is it enlarged and hard? Compare it to the other chicks when feeling it. What is the temperature of your brooder? Are you using a heat lamp or other heat source? Are they eating chick starter?

Wendy Case likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: