Sick chick?

Grey Gables

Songster
Dec 30, 2019
Ohio
Hi, I have a 7 week old Delaware chick. Came from a breeder. She eats (medicated chick crumbles), drinks, poops (sometimes hard and sometimes runny — which I would say all seem normal.. no blood), she’s friendly, curious, sometimes gets the zoomies. But, I feel like lately she’s really slowed in her development, she sleeps a lot more, and her feathers are a little fluffed, particularly around the neck area.

She lives in a brooder with pine shavings that gets cleaned twice a day, with one other chick that seems to be thriving. I’ve been taking them outside for short periods of time just to start getting them used to the outdoors and growing their immune system. I don’t believe she is too cold. It was pretty warm when these photos were taken.

What’s the best thing to give my Delaware for a boost or to help her through whatever she might be dealing with? I have electrolytes, poultry cell, vitamin b, nutridrench, and Corid (although I don’t think coccidiosis is the issue).

She’s a happy chick, so friendly. Would really love to help her along.

Thanks in advance!
215FE3C7-F596-4DB3-8ECA-42EC761FF356.jpeg
9F7F0D48-BFAD-4F99-B429-186AB47E2744.jpeg

Regardless that you do not see blood in the poop, that girl has the classic coccidiosis stance and I would treat the flock ASAP with Corid. For her, I would drench her with several drops of undiluted Corid to the side of her beak three times a day for three days in addition to the Corid water.
Do you know the correct dosage and duration for a severe outbreak of coccidiosis?

Regardless that you do not see blood in the poop, that girl has the classic coccidiosis stance and I would treat the flock ASAP with Corid. For her, I would drench her with several drops of undiluted Corid to the side of her beak three times a day for three days in addition to the Corid water.
Do you know the correct dosage and duration for a severe outbreak of coccidiosis?
Yes, I do. Thank you! I kept thinking coccidiosis but the missing blood in the poop was stumping me. I can begin that tonight. Appreciate your help!

Back
Top Bottom