Sick Chick!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaundee

Songster
10 Years
Aug 3, 2009
I'm posting this in several spots, because I need to find answers QUICKLY!

I have a Black Australorp pullet, hatched July 4th, who is having trouble- I almost think her crop has an obstuction, like maybe she ate a stick or corn or somthing too big, but I've never heard of the crop being obstructed, just heard of crops getting distended and then not being able to function. Anyway, her crop feels like it's either full of water or gas? and is FULL to the point where if she eats or drink anything, she is trying to keep from puking.

Is there anything I can do for her besides kill her? I have pics, but can't get them out of my email. Her crop is on both sides now, instead of just one side, and even after having water/food withheld, it is still large, though it will go down to about half the size, but goes just as big as soon as she eats or drinks.

I have 26 other chicks who are living exactly as she is, and no problems. I first noticed this about 4 days ago, and she is losing body weight, even with a full crop.

Rules of BYC state no cross posting of threads.
wink.png

6. No Spam. Spamming is posting the same thing several times. "Bumping" (posting to move a thread up on the forum list) and cross-posting (posting the same thread in several forums) are examples of spam.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom