Sick Chick!!

FarmerBoy24

Songster
9 Years
Nov 27, 2010
Moreno Valley Ca
1) What type of bird , age--Golden Laced Wyandotte, 3-4 months
2) What is the behavior, exactly-- Sits all puffed up with its head down. in the corner
3) How long has the bird been ex. hibiting symptoms?-- I think Saturday
4) Are other birds exhibiting the same symptoms?-- Yes but they are in a separate coop They haven't been with each other for about a week.
5) Is there any bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma. No
6) What happened, if anything that you know of, that may have caused the situation. -- She has gotten in the laymash A lot. And we had this pond that we used for the goat ans chicken manure, and the hay. It rained a lot and filled it up! So a nast smell was in the air and she and a few others decided to drink it, this went on for about 2-3 weeks.
7) What has the bird been eating and drinking, if at all. -- That I know of little water (antibiotics) and laymash
8) How does the poop look? Normal? Bloody? Runny? etc. -- I'm not sure yet
9) What has been the treatment you have administered so far? -- just antibiotics, I just put some in today.
10 ) What is your intent as far as treatment?-- ??
11) If you have a picture of the wound or condition, please post it. It may help. --
12) Describe the housing/bedding in use -- The bedding is straw or alfalfa hay, its a big shed that is shared with goats. Never too hot or too cold.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom