Sick Chick!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by FarmerBoy24, Jan 9, 2011.

1. FarmerBoy24

FarmerBoy24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Moreno Valley Ca
    1) What type of bird , age--Golden Laced Wyandotte, 3-4 months
    2) What is the behavior, exactly-- Sits all puffed up with its head down. in the corner
    3) How long has the bird been ex. hibiting symptoms?-- I think Saturday
    4) Are other birds exhibiting the same symptoms?-- Yes but they are in a separate coop They haven't been with each other for about a week.
    5) Is there any bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma. No
    6) What happened, if anything that you know of, that may have caused the situation. -- She has gotten in the laymash A lot. And we had this pond that we used for the goat ans chicken manure, and the hay. It rained a lot and filled it up! So a nast smell was in the air and she and a few others decided to drink it, this went on for about 2-3 weeks.
    7) What has the bird been eating and drinking, if at all. -- That I know of little water (antibiotics) and laymash
    8) How does the poop look? Normal? Bloody? Runny? etc. -- I'm not sure yet
    9) What has been the treatment you have administered so far? -- just antibiotics, I just put some in today.
    10 ) What is your intent as far as treatment?-- ??
    11) If you have a picture of the wound or condition, please post it. It may help. --
    12) Describe the housing/bedding in use -- The bedding is straw or alfalfa hay, its a big shed that is shared with goats. Never too hot or too cold.

Thanks

2. leenie

leenie Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2009
    Springfield, VA
    Bumping this for you.
    Was the laymash moldy?
    Good luck, someone here better than I will be able to help.

3. FarmerBoy24

Nov 27, 2010
    Moreno Valley Ca
    no

4. FarmerBoy24

Nov 27, 2010
    Moreno Valley Ca
    Can Anybody Else Help Me?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by