sick chick

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by sadele64, Feb 14, 2013.

1. sadele64

sadele64 New Egg

Feb 8, 2013
    Hey every one. Thank you for all your welcomes! We ended up getting 6 barred rocks! they are adorable. But one is sick. She has labored breathing. she has had a little water and food but not much. I have separated her from the flock. Any ideas?

2. fried green eggs

fried green eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    S.E. Michigan
    You could cook a egg for her and mash it up with some sugar water and see if she perks up? Congrats on the new chicks. I love my BR's. When I through out scratch for them, my two roos always come up because they like to be hand fed. lol

3. sadele64

sadele64 New Egg

Feb 8, 2013
    Thank you! I will try that.

4. kalson

kalson Out Of The Brooder

Feb 14, 2013
    Spring, TX
    I hope your chick gets better. I tried the suggestion of using a little sugar water using an eye dropper and my sick chick perked up for a while and even pecked at some food but she passed last night. However, I think that I waited too long before asking the board for help and if I had done the sugar trick eariler she may have survived. She responded well to electrolyte water too. I wish you the best and keep us posted.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by