sick chicken ! cant walk

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by maytham, Jan 18, 2015.

1. maytham

maytham Out Of The Brooder

Mar 7, 2014
    dubai
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So i found out my chicken looks hurt because it can't seem to walk straight and has wobbly legs. Its eating and drinking normally. .. is also aware of its surroundings ie it tries to run when i catch it. It's poop is also normal. .. heres a pic.
    Please help !
    Oh ya and it is the smallest one in the group so it is likely that it gets beat up. .. But i mean not that bad and it has been going on for a while.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
  2. appps

appps Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2012
    Australia
    Is it in with other roosters? As in it is a rooster right? Hard to tell as I'm on my phone so it's not a very big photo but looks like three roosters? If you have a lot of roosters in a small flock it's quite feasible they have tried to kill the lowest one and that's what has caused this.

3. maytham

Mar 7, 2014
    dubai
    No actually its a chicken and its in with other chickens.... no roosters (quiet nieghbourhood blah blah). but the chickens still beat up the weakest one out of them

4. appps

appps Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2012
    Australia
    How is it doing today?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
  5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
  6. maytham

Mar 7, 2014
    dubai
    Thanks! Ill check that out. I mnow a but about bumblefoot it didnt occur to me this time.
    Thanks again! !

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by