1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sick Chicken??? I need help!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by stuck in kansas, Sep 21, 2011.

1. stuck in kansas

stuck in kansas New Egg

Jul 23, 2011
    I have a 8 wk old German Spitzhauben, She or He has separated itself from the rest of the flock, the last few days, even last week I kept noticing it wasn't quite right, I noticed when I let out the rest of my chickens . it would stay in pen..seemed ok though, eating and drinking etc. running around... now yesterday it is not doing very good. listless, hunkered, head low, seems to be breathing hard, under beak and sides seems to expand when it breaths. no runny nose, not fluffed up, stools look ok, eyes are ok.... it just stands in one spot all the time, seems to be getting weaker and having trouble standing.. but wont sit down. nuzzling its head in its feathers. I have brought it inside, and under warm light. I did get it to drink and eat a little..I'm new at this...my other chicken babies all seem fine. I gave it a little sugar water yesterday..and put the vitamin stuff in its waterer this morning Still no change.. Can anyone help me? [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  2. GardenGal

GardenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    Don't know too much about chicken ailments. There's some great info on this site if you use the search bar. Prayers for your chicken [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by