Sick Chicken need help pls

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Melanie 11, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Melanie 11

Melanie 11 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2011
    Athens
    I have a 27 week old blue Andalusian chicken. I noticed this morning she was still in the pen. Usually every day she free ranges. When I went out this afternoon she was still in the pen laying down. The splash Andalusian mated her and she didn't move. I walked over to her and she didn't get up. Usually she is not one I can hold. I picked her up and looked all over her. I don't see anything wrong with her. I put her down and she walked slowly away from the other chickens. She went to the corner of the pen and hid her face. She seems to be breathing heavier than usual. After she was mated she pooped. It was a yellow color & seemed to be sticky??? She has not eaten anything different, none of the other chickens are sick or seen to have these symptoms. I looked at her vent, felt for an egg thinking maybe she was egg bound. Nothing!! She is not laying yet. She is not eating or drinking. I just don't what to do. I have her seperated from the rest of the flock. She was fine yesterday.[​IMG]

2. Achickenwrangler#1

Achickenwrangler#1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2011
    west virginia
    what color yellow was the poop? I think youre right in keeping her separate and quiet for now, could be a egg broken inside? Sounds pretty odd..though hope she pulls through, she is normally laying?

3. Melanie 11

Melanie 11 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2011
    Athens
    No she had not started to lay yet. She died during the night. I just can't imagine what happened!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by