Sick chicken Owner confused

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by tornduff, Feb 4, 2012.

1. tornduff

tornduff Out Of The Brooder

Dec 13, 2011
    Alright people, I have a sick chicken and I am so confused on what it could be. Her are Glenda's symptoms: stands away from others, doesn't eat much, weight loss, drinks ALOT of water, diarrhea that is clearish to a white in color. At first I was thinking Meraks but now I'm not sure. I've been reading so much info that anything I read sounds like it could be the problem. First I thought sour crop then cocci...now I have no clue. Anyone please help!!!!! I want to be able to help her but I need to know what I'm dealing with so I know how to treat her.
    I removed all hay in their coop, run and nesting boxes thinking that was the problem causing the Meraks. I did have a chicken of mine die of this disease just after a couple of months of getting her. Then I had another chicken die unexpectedly about 6 weeks after the first. Now here its is 6 weeks later from the second and I have another chicken that has symptoms that i'm no sure of. I don't even know what my second chicken died of, since it was so unexpected.

Anyone please help

2. tornduff

Dec 13, 2011
    Oh and one more thing...Glenda is almost a year old started to lay eggs 3 weeks ago and stopped laying a week and a half ago.

3. groundpecker

groundpecker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2011
    Rison, Arkansas
    The only clear way to discover what your birds have, is to get one of them tested. Treating an illness without knowing what it is, is a waste of time.

4. tornduff

Dec 13, 2011
    [​IMG]
    This is Glenda(black&white) and Delaware(red)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by