Sick chicken!! Please help.

Kyky2021

Hatching
Jan 26, 2023
Hello all looking for help!

This little 8 week old pullet was fine last night came out this morning and she was standing with puffed up feathers acting pretty lethargic. With green watery Diarrhea.

Went to feel her crop it was very full and watery and I accidentally expelled some clear fluid. (Water?) no sour smell at all.

Currently she’s separated in a dog crate indoors in a dimly lit closet (light on for pictures). Given water with probiotics and ACV scrambled eggs with olive oil.

Not interested in food and was standing out in the run all alone puffed up with her head tucked.

These birds are vaccinated for Mereks and came from NPIP flocks.

Any tips? Please help this little lady.
0A16756C-91B8-45A5-8957-C2F383ECB87F.jpeg

Attachments

• B7E4F075-871A-4C1C-BCF1-D9D8AA503BC9.jpeg
    B7E4F075-871A-4C1C-BCF1-D9D8AA503BC9.jpeg
    504.8 KB · Views: 1
Update pullet has since passed, only wanting to make sure the rest of my flock is okay. Everyone else is acting fine at this point.

Update pullet has since passed, only wanting to make sure the rest of my flock is okay. Everyone else is acting fine at this point.
Sorry about your pullet. I lost one many years ago in a similar way. Best guess is that she had some sort of obstruction in her digestive tract. If you wanted to be sure and are up for it you could do a basic necropsy and look for the blockage. But in any case I don't think your other birds are at risk, though I would ensure that they have crushed granite or some other kind of grit available to them.

This little 8 week old pullet was fine last night came out this morning and she was standing with puffed up feathers acting pretty lethargic. With green watery Diarrhea.

Went to feel her crop it was very full and watery and I accidentally expelled some clear fluid. (Water?) no sour smell at all.

Currently she’s separated in a dog crate indoors in a dimly lit closet (light on for pictures). Given water with probiotics and ACV scrambled eggs with olive oil.

Not interested in food and was standing out in the run all alone puffed up with her head tucked.

View attachment 3386941
Maybe?
I hate to say it, but it COULD be the vaccine...

View attachment 3386941
Also, try Ivermectin in her water.

Back
Top Bottom