sick chicken puking water/liquid help asap

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by skillswife, Feb 2, 2012.

1. skillswife

skillswife Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2010
    SW Montana
    Our bantam cochin was fine this morning acting broody in her nest box. This after noon dd noticed that she was lethargic and acting funny. She didn't want to get up and go free range with the others so we let her be. This evening she was under the heat lamp eyes closed labored breathing and looking practically dead. When I picked her up to bring her int he house her head dropped and liquid/water a lot of it poured from her mouth. I think she is not going to make it. What is wrong with her!

2. skillswife

Jul 19, 2010
    SW Montana
    She is gone ;( But I would still like help figuring out what it might be. Her vent was fine, she has been broody, didn't feel any stuck eggs. She gave me attitude when I check for an egg under her at 11 this morning, she didn't lay today. Her crop didn't feel funny, besides the puking of liquid. Her poops have seemed normal and nobody else seems sick, praying its nothing contagious. I have not seen any worms in any poops of any of the chickens but maybe I should worm anyhow??? I am at a loss!

3. klmclain1

klmclain1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    I'm so sorry! I wish I could help, but I have no clue. Here's a bump.

4. skillswife

Jul 19, 2010
    SW Montana
    I am going to treat with corid just to make sure....although I don't think that was the issue

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by