Sick chicken suprise!!!

Bird Collector

Songster
10 Years
Aug 13, 2009
North Carolina
I have a 1 1/2 year old frizzle hen who has slowed down in the last few days. Upon examing her she has lost weight and i have had to clean her bottom 2 times. Bad!!!! Her chest bone is now promit and she is letting me hold her. Highly unusual. I think she is internal laying eggs. Her adomin is swollen and gushiy. I have a friend who is a vet and will try anything for me. not a chicken vet. Is there anything I can do or have my vet friend do? Thanks for your help!!!

Well Fritzee went to the vets this morning as she seemed to be going down hill quickly. Thanks for the info on the internal laying. My friend who is a vet feels that is what has happened and that it is now or never to try and surgically remove the stuff and do a hysterectomy on her. Fritzee's blood work was good showing functioning organs so surgery has a chance. A small chance but a chance. Oh and did I mention that my friend is not a bird vet but grab some of her co-workers to give her a chance. Thats a good friend. So wish us luck.
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Sad night in this house. Fritzee was not strong enough to make it through her surgery so she is in the great chicken land. Thanks for all the well wishes. I just got done putting her in my little pet area on the side of the house. I am having a drink (cheer )to her. By for now

Back
Top Bottom