Sick Chicken

ineedafix

In the Brooder
Apr 21, 2016
I have a Rock, she has been acting strange lately. Not eating much, seems spaced out. I have looked her over, everything seems to check out ok. Put her in the "hospital" Sunday. She didn't eat much, but laid an egg. Started covering her so she wouldn't be inclined to try and lay. Have her on Tetracycline antibiotics. She had sneezed a few times and her nose was a little runny on Sunday. That has all cleared up. She ate some snacks and a scrambled egg today, seemed better. Put her with the others (they are all on antibiotics right now for security) she hung out for a while, but it is now only 4 in the afternoon and she wants to go into the coop and just sit on the roost. Don't know if I should keep her separated or not . . . . her poop looks ok, her back side is just a little messey, no sign of mites, worms, injury . . . . any and all suggestions are welcome. She's my favorite. : (

Thanks blarictchickens. I washed most of her backside off last nite, tomorrow I am off work and am going to give her a full soaking and blow dry. She was perkier this am. Gave her a scrambled egg and some meal worms for breakfast. Won't be home until late, hubby is keeping an eye on her. She actually came out this am and was very social with the rest of the gang. First time in days!! I am cautiously optimistic.

Thanks blarictchickens. I washed most of her backside off last nite, tomorrow I am off work and am going to give her a full soaking and blow dry. She was perkier this am. Gave her a scrambled egg and some meal worms for breakfast. Won't be home until late, hubby is keeping an eye on her. She actually came out this am and was very social with the rest of the gang. First time in days!! I am cautiously optimistic.

glad to hear she is getting better!!
big_smile.png
Tell you husband if he takes on FarmerTony's advice maybe he will end up in the crock pot!!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom