Sick chicken

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by adamsfamily9909, Feb 16, 2017.

1. adamsfamily9909

adamsfamily9909 New Egg

Feb 16, 2017
    Hello! We had one of our hens pass on Tuesday. I'm not sure really what happened because she was fine this weekend. Monday I noticed she had diarrhea, Tuesday she stayed in a nesting box so I brought her inside. She had diarrhea, shaking, hard breathing and could really stand up. Any ideas on what it could have been?

2. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

I'm not an expert when it comes to diagnosing chicken ailments, the best way of finding out would be to have a necropsy done. Are your other chickens ok? If not, post on the Emergency/Illness forum and describe all the symptoms you are seeing.

Best of luck to you!

3. adamsfamily9909

adamsfamily9909 New Egg

Feb 16, 2017
    Thank you I will post there

4. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    You're welcome. I hope everyone else is ok.

5. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under adamsfamily9909 [​IMG] Welcome!

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss and do hope that the rest of your flock are OK.

I also hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Sorry for your loss [​IMG]. It hurts to lose any of them.

7. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hi there, and welcome to BYC! I am so glad you joined us, please make yourself at home here! I think you'll like it! :frow

~Cuz

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by