Sick chicken

Angie123

In the Brooder
Jun 15, 2018
I woke up to my chicken laying down on her side. I picked her up and she couldn't stand. Later on in the day , clear slime or saliva started coming out of her mouth. She doesn't want to eat or drink or isn't excited with the other chickens. She looks tired and weak , what so I do???

I’m so sorry to hear about your girl. To help you better, look at the top of the thread ••please read first**, there are a list of questions. By answering these, it can help others pin point what is going on. If your able to post a picture or video, that can also be helpful. Also, you can add your general area/location to your profile. That can help also.

I'm sorry to hear that she didn't make it. You can do or have a necropsy done to determine the cause of death. Keep a close eye on your flock and watch for any changes. Be proactive & act quickly.

I woke up to my chicken laying down on her side. I picked her up and she couldn't stand. Later on in the day , clear slime or saliva started coming out of her mouth. She doesn't want to eat or drink or isn't excited with the other chickens. She looks tired and weak , what so I do???
Sorry for your loss. There could be a number of reasons for her illness, such as dehydration or being kept from food and water by others in flock, crop problems, poisoning from a toxin or mold in food, or something like Mareks diseaseor botulism. If you lose another bird, refrigerate the body in a plastic bag, and contact your state vet or poultry lab for a necropsy. This link has contact info and suggestions on sending the body:
https://www.metzerfarms.com/PoultryLabs.cfm

Back
Top Bottom