Sick chicken

Kitkat4123

In the Brooder
Mar 20, 2023
My one year old chicken has been sick for a week now. She wont eat nor drink. She doesn't move around and her poo doesn't look good at all. I've been giving her worm medicine, but quite frankly, i have no idea what disease she could have... I've separated her from the flock and forcefully feed her banana each morning, but she's lost half her weight already (she used to be 2000 grams and now she's 1100). Her crop feels empty.
What do i do? What sickness could she have?

Whats her diet? What worm medicine?
What are her exact symptoms?
She's one year old. She has diarrea, doesnt eat nor drink. A week ago she leant on the back of her feet whilst standing still and would shape herself like a circle; tail and head downwards. This has gotten a bit better but her tail is still near the ground.

She's one year old. She has diarrea, doesnt eat nor drink. A week ago she leant on the back of her feet whilst standing still and would shape herself like a circle; tail and head downwards. This has gotten a bit better but her tail is still near the ground.
She sounds like she was egg bound or had a soft egg. She might have reproductive infection now.

Can you post some pictures of the bird, and of her droppings? Do you know when she last laid? Where are you, generally, in the world? Knowing that can help with recommending things. Can you post a picture of the feed ingredient label?

Back
Top Bottom