Sick Chicken

tracee

Hatching
12 Years
Oct 19, 2007
I have a bantam rooster that can't stand. If I try to stand him up he falls on his head or side. I have been hand feeding/watering him for about 4 days. This problem started out slowly; at first I thought one of the other roosters hurt him because he could stand and walk but he was quite wobbly. He has progressively gotten worse. He eats as long as I feed him and his poo looks pretty normal. Is there anything I can do for this little guy?

How old is the little guy? Any respiratory (breathing) problems? Any other symptoms you can think of to help try to figure out what's going on?

Jody

Adding a good supplement like Avia Charge 2000... in additional a week (once a day) of POLYVISOL (childrens liquid vitamins) three drops a day into beak will ensure any vit deficiencies involved are addressed.

If he is under 1 year old, one of the first symptoms of Marek's disease is lameness. I was told that even immunized chickens can come down with this, that the immunization is only 75% effective. There is no cure
sad.png

There are so many things that can go wrong with chickens, often only a necropsy (i.e. "autopsy") can determine what caused the chicken's death.
Sorry to bring this up.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom