Sick chicken

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by farmgirl0327, Dec 27, 2012.

1. farmgirl0327

farmgirl0327 New Egg

Dec 27, 2012
    So I have a little bantam cross about 8 or 9 months old. She has been lethargic for a little over a week and has lost some weight. She has been eating a little, but her appetite is decreasing. I work at an animal hospital so we took an x-ray and see no egg. However there is a elongated hard lump right next to her oviduct/ cloaca. It is not in the oviduct. She winks or puckers her cloaca often and does this weird neck movement. She also opens her mouth upward often. My vet thinks it could be lymphoid leukosis or Marecks. I am injecting her with vitamin B once a day to help with her appetite, but it is still diminishing. I am syringing her water to keep her hydrated as well. I didn't know if anyone had any experience or info to share. I don't not want her to suffer and if she doesn't eat well by tomorrow I will probably put her down and have her necropsied. She is in the house in a crate by herself where it is warm. I have 3 others and so far everyone is perfectly fine. Thank you in advance.

Katelyn

2. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
  3. farmgirl0327

farmgirl0327 New Egg

Dec 27, 2012
    Doesn't quite seem like a gape worm. But thank you for your reply.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by