sick chicken

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Emmie595, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Emmie595

Emmie595 New Egg

Mar 1, 2014
    I have a chicken with severe respitory problems, I isolated her from the flock. today I went to the coop and another chicken had gook coming from her eye. Does anyone know about what the withdrawl time is for manna pro aureomycin 4G crumbles is???? the info I am getting is just don't use it for egg layers that are for human consumption. So then what to give them????help chicken people

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Tylan50 injections or Tylan Soluble Powder, Gallimycin (erythromycin), and oxytetracycline for the water are some good respiratory drugs. Aureomycin is used more for intestinal infections.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  3. Emmie595

Emmie595 New Egg

Mar 1, 2014
    Where do I get these drugs as tractor seems to only have the injectables and I have too many chickens for that......Oh and thank u for the info!!!!!!

4. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Most are easy to find online at stores like Jefferspet.com if you Google the name of the drug. Also try other farm stores. Most carry Duramycin10 which is tetracycline.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by