Sick chicken

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by meagan0614, Aug 7, 2014.

1. meagan0614

meagan0614 New Egg

Aug 7, 2014
    This is a cuckoo maran that is about 4 weeks old. She is wobbly when she walks, sits on her hocks a lot, still eating and drinking but she is having trouble getting to those things on her own. I made hobbles thinking maybe it was spraddle leg, but they didn't help. I have fed her scrambled eggs for two days, given her sav-a-chick in water, given her poly-vi-sol for two days and noted she isn't getting any better. I do live in Texas and it is very hot outside.[​IMG]

She was doing better this morning (first picture) but this afternoon she looks like this (second picture).[​IMG]

Her poop is watery light yellow with some green/brown in it. Any thoughts or anything I should be doing different? First time chick owner...

2. meagan0614

meagan0614 New Egg

Aug 7, 2014
    Also she is about half the size of the other chicks I got at the same time. I did separate her yesterday

3. Suzie

Suzie Overrun With Chickens

Jul 9, 2009
    Auvergne
    Try giving her some vitamin B...wonderful for leg problems...fish..eggs...spinach

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by