sick chicken

justchickcrazy

Hatching
5 Years
Nov 9, 2014
When I went out to feed this morning, one of my light Brahmas was still on the roost in the chicken house.
She jumped down when I came into the chicken house but stayed on the ground and just sat down with
her eyes closed. I gave scratch to all the other 17 chickens but could not interest her. She let me pet her
which is totally unusual. What should I do for her?

More info is needed. How old is this bird? Have you checked them carefully for mites/lice? Have they ever been dewormed? Any new birds or chicks brought in recently? Has she been laying regularly? Have you checked her body condition to see if she feels thin? Also check her lower abdomen for bloating.

I just checked on her and no sign of mites or lice. She doesn't seem to have lost weight and her craw is quite full but soft.
She is about a year and a half old . Does not appear egg bound. Her eyes are dull also. I tried to offer her greens, crumble and
water but she won't take anything.

I feed all the chickens mash with vegetables and hot pepper seeds regularly so I would not think worming is a problem but what else
can I do for worms? There have been no new chickens added to the flock since chicks last spring

Well I guess I won't know what was wrong with my Brahma as she died this afternoon. All the rest seem just fine.

Back
Top Bottom