1. MichelleMyers05

MichelleMyers05 New Egg

Jan 16, 2015
    I have a chicken that i have found today while taking out corn and water to them. She was in the corner just laying there. Mind you yesterday she was perfectly fine. So i got her a nice area to lay until she gets better. With some food and water.. And bedding. And just hasnt been herself. I know something is wrong with her. So i separated her from the rest. I have pictures which are what is posted of whats going on. This first picture is her in her new place until she gets better. [​IMG][​IMG]This is what her poop looks like..
    [​IMG]Her comb is light pink..

[​IMG]How i found her this afternoon..

I need help to figure out what is wrong and what to give her that i have around the house.

2. justplainbatty

justplainbatty Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    emmet MI
    Is there any discharge from her nose or eyes? How does her breathing sound? Are all her poops watery like that? Is her crop full or empty?
    Let us know so we can help.[​IMG]

3. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    She is puffed up and lethargic with diarrhea, so I would treat her for coccidiosis with Corid/amprollium in her water for 5-7 days. After finishing Corid, I would give several days of vitamins and a probiotic. Then I would worm her and the others with Valbazen 1/2 ml orally, and repeat in 10 days. If you can't find Valbazen, then use SafeGuard liquid goat wormer or equine paste.

4. MichelleMyers05

MichelleMyers05 New Egg

Jan 16, 2015
    The picture is a poop i seen her do. Her crop is soft like mushy. And no food has been eaten or nothing drinked from the time i separated her from the rest.

5. MichelleMyers05

MichelleMyers05 New Egg

Jan 16, 2015
    I havent seen any discharge from her eyes. But i did see that she had bubbles coming out of her mouth.

6. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Does her breath smell sour or bad? Chickens who are ill or have coccidiosis can have slow moving crops that may be squishy. Use caution to not massage a crop that is very full and squishy, since they can vomit and aspirate.

7. MichelleMyers05

MichelleMyers05 New Egg

Jan 16, 2015
    No sour smell either..

8. SunkenRoadFarms

SunkenRoadFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2014
    Maryland
    I just got back from the vet with my EE with the very same symptoms. She tested positive for cocci. X2 on the Corid, you should treat the whole flock.

9. MichelleMyers05

MichelleMyers05 New Egg

Jan 16, 2015
    What would you get them? And would it be okay to wait until at least next friday?

10. SunkenRoadFarms

SunkenRoadFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2014
    Maryland
    Corish you can find in most feed stores like Tractor Supply for around $20.00 (it's usually in the cattle section) You should not wait, especially for the one showing symptoms. A week will likely kill her.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by