1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

sick chickens? Eyes shut! Wierd. HELP!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Nbird, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Nbird

Nbird Out Of The Brooder

We were on vacation for 10 days with a friend looking after chickens. Seemed like a couple were roosted with their eyes shut too early in the evening. Today there's one still perched in the coop with her eyes seemingly shut, or gone ( i can't get her to open them.) Any ideas?

2. Nbird

Nbird Out Of The Brooder

Further info: Again tonight, a few of the chickens were walking around the coop or perched on the roost, but not sleeping, with their eyes shut! It seems like they are okay otherwise, but this seems odd.

3. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Nbird. I am puzzled as to what to say. Is there a way you can bring the "injured" ones inside? Have you seen them eat or drink? Whats the poo look like? Do they have a discharge from the eyes or nose? Can you post pics? I just dont know what it could be...im sorry.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by